NSI Product Warranty
Noble Solar Industries (NSI) warrants to the first customer purchaser that
- Noble Solar Industries (NSI) Solar modules when shipped in their original containers, will be free from defective workmanship and materials, and agrees that it will, at its option, either repair the defect or replace the defective modules or parts thereof with a new or remanufactured equivalent at no charge to the purchaser for parts and/or labour for the period set forth below.
- The limited warranty described herein is according to the standard of TUV IEC61215 production of solar modules.
- Neither the sales personnel of the seller nor any other person is authorized to make any warranties other than those described herein, or to extend the duration of any warranties beyond the time period described below on behalf of Noble Solar Industries (NSI)
- The warranties described herein shall be the sole and exclusive warranties granted by NSI and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to the purchaser. Correction of defects, in the manner and for period of time described herein, shall constitute complete fulfillment of all liabilities and responsibilities of NSI to the purchaser with respect to solar modules and shall constitute full satisfaction of all claims, whether based on contract, negligence, and strict liability otherwise. In no event shall NSI be liable, or in any way responsible, for any damages or defects to the module which were caused by repairs or attempted repairs performed by anyone other than NSI or an authorized service provider of NSI. Nor shall NSI be liable or in any way responsible for any incidental or consequential economic or property damage.
- Warranty Period for NSI Solar Modules
- The guarantee period for material defects and workmanship is Ten years from the date of purchase.
- The warranty period with respect to power output continues for a total of 25 years from date of purchase. The first 10 years at 90% rated power output at STC and the balance of 15 years at 80% rated power output at STC.
- This warranty is not transferable
- This warranty does not apply to any appearance items of the module nor to the additional excluded items set forth below nor to any module the exterior of which has been damaged or defaced, which has been subjected to misuse, abnormal service or handling, or which has been altered or modified in design or construction.
- Additional Item(s) Excluded from Warranty Coverage
Warranty coverage does not apply when:
- The module is improperly installed.
- The module is installed in a mobile or marine environment, subjected to improper voltage or power surges or abnormal environmental conditions (such as acid rain or other pollution);
- The components in the construction base on which the module is mounted are defective;
- External corrosion, mould discoloration or the like occurs;
- Defects caused by the module being subjected to any of the following: extreme thermal or environmental conditions or rapid changes in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation, unauthorized modifications or connections, unauthorized opening or repair, repair by use of unauthorized spare parts, accident, force of nature (such as lightening strike), influence from chemical products or other acts beyond NSIs reasonable control (including but not limited to damage by fire, flood, etc.);
- Death or injury to persons resulting from any cause other than negligence of NSI , its employees or representatives, and;
- Incidental, consequential or special damages such as loss of use, loss of profits, revenues, business, goodwill, damage to reputation or expenses payable to a third party. NSI is not responsible
- Warranty Claims:
In order to enforce the rights under this limited warranty, the purchaser should follow the steps set forth below and provide proof of purchase to NSI
Be sure to have Proof of Purchase available such as the invoice/receipt. If you ship the modules, be sure it is insured and packaged securely; NSI will not be responsible for the costs of transportation for return of the module or for reshipment of any repaired or replaced modules or costs associated with installation, de-installation or reinstallation.
In case of any discrepancy in a warranty-claim, a first-class international test-institute such as TUV Rhineland in Cologne, Germany shall be involved to judge the claim finally.
- Additional Warranty
NSI also gives an additional independent 2 year product guarantee and 25 year power loss warranty for a total of 25 years from date of purchase. The first 10 years at 90% rated power output at STC and the balance of 15 years at 80% rated power output at STC underwritten by Alltrust Insurance
FREE Essential Technical Information Guide Pack.
Must-have A-Z reference on all you need to know about PV solar technology
Fill out your details on the form to receive your FREE essential glossary of terms information pack.
From ‘Activation Voltage’ to ‘Zenith Angle’… get your complete A-Z guide to all you need to know about PV solar module terminology. More than 250 entries!